M2 Landscape Architecture and Arboriculture is looking for an enthusiastic person to join us! We are an energetic, busy award-winning firm in New Westminster, B.C. with a variety of projects and opportunities. We specialize in both Landscape Architecture and Consulting Arboriculture, with emphasis in collaboration between the two fields. We are looking for an outgoing, enthusiastic person, who is self-starting, energetic and willing to collaborate, for a Full-Time Intermediate Landscape Designer to work in the field and in the office. M2 has projects across the BC focusing in Lower Mainland, Vancouver Island as well as exciting projects in Alberta. We pride ourselves in our ability to provide sustainable, ecologically sensitive and unique livable space and have a collaborative relationship with our clients.
We are close to skytrain, transit, bike routes and parking and are located in the historic Old Town area of New Westminster, within a block of New Westminster Quay, in a beautiful brick heritage building. We primarily focus on Mixed Use, Multi-family Residential, Elder Care and Health Institutions.
We are looking for an Intermediate Landscape Designer who is self-starting, creative and enthusiastic. Our employees are encouraged to work as a team, share experiences and expertise and we have a friendly open work space. We encourage team members to be involved in projects from concept to completion and gain experience in all phases of development. We are happy to provide opportunities for educational advancement as well.
- Bachelor’s (or advanced) degree in Landscape Architecture and a minimum of 3 years of related experience working in a private Landscape Architecture firm.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in hard and soft landscape design, construction detailing and construction best practice.
- Knowledge in Lower Mainland plant material and environmental zones.
- Experience in technical detailing, drafting and construction practices an asset.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal). Written and verbal skills in English required.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- AutoCAD proficient, Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Ability to communicate confidently and respond to feedback.
- Professional appearance and ability to work easily with clients, consultants and government.
- Work both independently and in collaboration with peers on a variety of both large and small projects.
- Design and coordination of both soft and hard landscape from preliminary phase through to construction.
- Creating planting plans, grading and storm-water management plans, existing tree management plans, detailing; estimating, independently and with direction with senior staff.
- Coordination and collaboration with clients, consultants and municipal representatives.
- Creating renderings in Photoshop, sketch up or hand drawn perspectives.
- Provide site visits and documentation including construction observation reports, substantial reports.
- Work closely with a team in-house, to ensure projects are on-time and on-budget.
M2 offers a competitive base salary, plus fantastic profit sharing and bonus program and benefits package. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and certification. Possibility of moving allowance for successful candidate. Retention bonuses may be available for successful candidate.