Donohoe Design is seeking a Landscape Architect or Landscape Designer for a full-time position in our growing company. You will work with our existing team of designers, providing support on a variety of residential landscape projects throughout the province and beyond.
We are seeking a well-rounded individual who is resourceful, skilled, inquisitive, conscientious, driven, and personable - someone passionate about what they do, who loves to inspire those around them, and who prides themselves on being a creative problem solver. This position will focus on providing expertise and production of documents for conceptual designs and client packages, as well as creating spectacular working drawing sets for the construction of our custom landscape designs. There is also the opportunity to learn about and participate in construction and client management.
For more than a decade, Donohoe Design has been developing thoughtful, bespoke landscapes for single-family homes throughout British Columbia. Our focus is to develop architecturally strong, multi-sensory spaces that connect people to their family, friends, and nature. We create landscapes that make a difference to our designers and push the boundaries of everyone who experiences them.
Donohoe Design has many exciting upcoming projects in 2020. We are enthusiastic about finding the candidate that wants to be part of our growing, purpose-led team.
- A University undergraduate or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture or an equivalent design field;
- Ideally 2-3 years of experience creating high-quality landscape design in a professional Landscape Architecture office or similar design firm;
- Ability to create construction drawing packages, including drainage, grading, and construction details;
- Local plant knowledge and planting design skills;
- Demonstrated ability to prepare high-quality design work and presentations;
- Proficient computer skills with Vectorworks, Sketch-Up (or alternative 3D modelling program such as 3D Max), and Adobe Creative Suite;
- Familiarity with municipal permitting practices is an asset;
- A communicative, affable personality; and a dynamic and adventurous approach to design.