WSP is currently seeking a Landscape Designer to join our Planning & Landscape Architecture and Urban Design department, located at our Kelowna office. Reporting to the Manager, Landscape Architecture & Urban Design, this opportunity will provide you work within a creative, supportive and multi-disciplinary team involved in a wide variety of high-profile landscape architectural projects including parks and open spaces, streetscapes, transportation, environmental assessment, ecological design, heritage preservation and urban design. Working closely with our senior staff, this position will be responsible for participating in the preparation of schematic through detail design, contract documents and construction detailing as well as analysis and report-writing.
· Schematic and Detailed Landscape Architectural Design;
· Participating in the preparation of graphics, 3D renderings, contract documents; tender documents and specifications;
· Research, analysis and report-writing; and
· Other duties as assigned.
· University degree in Landscape Architecture (BLA or MLA) preferred. Landscape architectural technicians with demonstrated design talent and exceptional technical skills are encouraged to apply;
· 2-5 years of professional relevant experience;
· Self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently and as part of a team, a strong desire to take part in finding creative solutions that are environmentally responsible and technically sound;
· Strong design and technical ability, with an understanding of the Landscape Architect’s role in a consulting environment;
· Excellent skills in AutoCAD are required, with ability to work on multiple, complex projects with multi-disciplinary teams;
· Fluent in Adobe CS, Sketchup and a general proficiency in rendering software;
· Excellent communication, both written and verbal;
· Eligibility for membership in British Columbia Society of Landscape Architects (BCSLA) a strong plus; and
· A valid driver’s license and vehicle is preferred for site/project meetings and inspections.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities website listed below.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.