We have an exciting opportunity to join the van der Zalm + associates (VDZ+A) team in the Vancouver office. Our staff include landscape architects, civil engineers, certified arborists, and graphic specialists. VDZ+A is an established multi-disciplinary firm with a diverse portfolio in parks and recreation, mixed-use and multi-family development, and institutional design. In addition, the VDZ+A team has a strong reputation across Canada for our splash park and action sports design team.
We are seeking a landscape architect/designer with 1-5 years experience. The position will report directly to senior staff and will assist on a wide-range of both public and private projects. Our firm is a true design studio in that we involve all our designers in the concept and technical design development. Applicants to this position should have a strong design sense and be willing to collaborate and communicate openly. In addition, our firm focuses on seeing our designs come to life. This means we expect our staff to understand both design and construction as we see many of our projects through to opening day.
- Strong communication skills including both verbal and written communication
- Confident sense of design and landscape aesthetic
- Strong understanding of construction processes and construction administration
- Ability to adapt quickly to a wide-range of project types
- Comfortable in a team environment and ability to develop designs collaboratively
- Required - Strong (advanced) working proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Required - Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator preferred)
- Required – AutoCAD 2019 or later
van der Zalm + associates offers competitive compensation, a benefits package, and retirement assistance. Our company encourages our employees to participate in the design community and sponsors employee activities such as Friday “coffee break” and our famous soup club!