We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
Integrity – We do what is right.
Partnerships – We work together.
Excellence – We pursue design excellence.
Innovation – We embrace ingenuity.
Community – We build community.
Here's how we work:
Are you looking for an opportunity that offers the experience to work on a wide variety of innovative, large scale, public, private and institutional projects? IBI Group is seeking a talented Senior Landscape Architect who has demonstrated design excellence and capabilities to design and manage a diversity of projects including master planning, civic plazas, urban parks, green streets, cycling infrastructures and residential communities. A few local recognizable projects that our Toronto team has worked on:
- CN Tower Plaza, Toronto
- Roundhouse Park, Toronto
- King Street Streetscape Revitalization, Kitchener
- Vaughan Metropolitan Centre – Festival Condos Development, Vaughan
- City Centre – Exchange District, Mississauga
Most of the things you'll work on:
Working with IBI Group’s Placemaking team in our Toronto campus, you would be part of a fast-paced and dynamic environment creating contemporary, inclusive, responsive and sustainable, high quality spaces. You will be involved in all phases of the project from consultation, conceptual design through to detailed design and contract administration.
- Work with the team to design creative, context-sensitive urban and landscape solutions to support institutional, public and private sector projects.
- Prepare visually compelling graphic presentations and develop creative technical solutions
- Collaborate with other disciplines including Architects and Engineers
- Manages project work flows and oversees internal productions
- Ensure project deliverables comply with local standards and contract requirements
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited institution within the fields of Landscape Architecture
- Minimum 7 years (post-graduation) of relevant working experience in Landscape Architecture in a professional design or engineering firm
- Must have proven leadership in design excellence with demonstrated high quality work that elevates design
- Excellent hand sketching and visualization skills
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, capable of preparing reports and developing/writing design narratives
- In-depth experience with construction documentation, end to end project coordination/management in municipal, commercial and private sector projects
- Proficiency in the latest version of AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and SketchUp
- Revit, Rhino or proficiency with other BIM or modelling tools would be a considerable asset
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Registered Landscape Architect from a component association with CSLA or ASLA is preferred
- Driver's license is an asset
The Toronto office is steps away from St. Clair station and is easily accessible by bike, TTC and car. Occupying 6 floors, with over 700 employees, it is the largest office at IBI Group. The floors are open concept and represent our collaborative approach to projects.
Relocation assitance may be made available to the canadidate of choice.
To apply, please go to: https://smrtr.io/3FcwL
- Furnished patios on different floors to eat lunch, to have meetings and team BBQs
- Charity Golf tournament in the summer
- Softball team
- Running group
- Curling Funspiel
- Ski/Snowboard Day
- Health and Wellness competitions
- Lunch room with ping pong tables and foosball table
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver’s license record. #ibi
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We request applicants submit RESUME AND PORTFOLIO highlighting relevant work experience; please limit PDF files to 10MB.
To apply, please go to: https://smrtr.io/3FcwL